The Federal Government COVID-19 Disaster Support Payment which is currently in operation for NSW, Victoria and South Australia will be extended to Queensland as a result of the recent lockdown.
Payment amounts vary depending on the amount of lost work hours, falling within 2 categories:
• Amount paid if lost < 20 hours work that week – $450
• Amount paid if lost > 20 hours work that week – $750
The eligibility currently includes the following:
• you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
• you’re 17 years or older
• you didn’t get an income support payment, Education Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance during the payment period.
• you didn’t get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a state or territory pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
• you lost income and didn’t have any appropriate paid leave entitlements.
• you lived in, worked from or visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot that is subject to a state restricted movement order
• you have been unable to earn your usual income of 8 hours or more, or a full day’s work because you were in the COVID-19 hotspot and were subject to restricted movement.
There are 2 relevant periods you can apply for:
• 1 August to 7 August 2021
• 8 August 2021.
Further information and updates may be released on the Services Australia website in the coming days. The payments above are indicative only and may vary depending on individual circumstances.
See the website for: COVID-19 Disaster Payment – Services Australia
* UPDATE 10th August 2021, Applications are now open