If your Tourism or Hospitality business was impacted by the recent COVID-19 lockdowns in Queensland, you may be eligible for rebate, fee and payroll tax relief under a $47.75 million support package.
Under certain conditions and eligibility, tourism and hospitality businesses may be able to:
- Defer paying their payroll tax liability
- Access a 12 month state land rent deferral for tourism operators
- Fee waiver and refunds for commercial tourism daily passenger fees
- 12-month fee waiver or refund of inbound tour operator fees
- COVID-19 marine tourism rebate for berthing fees where eligible
- Waive liquor licensing fees for 2021-22 where fees have been paid under the Liquor Act or Wine Industry Acts as at 30 June 2021
Read more about the specific conditions required for eligibility here https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/hospitality-tourism-sport/lockdown-support-package
The 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants have also been expanded to include large tourism and hospitality businesses statewide. Read more here.