JOBKEEPER EXTENSION PERIOD TWO – STARTS 4 JANUARY 2021
The second extension period of the JobKeeper scheme will commence on 4 January 2021. Below we have listed the key dates and actions required by employers who are still accessing the scheme:
- 4 January 2021 – the JobKeeper extension 2 starts and the payment rates change for your eligible employees.
- Between 4 January 2021 and 28 January 2021 – complete the December business monthly declaration (this is an extension of two weeks past the usual due date of the 14th day of each month).
- By 31 January 2021 – new entities enrolling for JobKeeper will need to enrol and submit their decline in turnover to the ATO.
- 31 January 2021 – for JobKeeper fortnights 21 and 22 only (from 4 January 2021 and 18 January 2021 respectively), the ATO are allowing employers until 31 January 2021 to pay their employees (meet the wage condition).
- The sooner you complete and submit your decline in turnover and business monthly declaration, the sooner the ATO can process your JobKeeper payment.
To review the details on the JobKeeper Extension, including payment rates, calculating decline in turnover and key dates, please revisit our article from September using the link below.